» Search our Careers
» Career Center
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Job Code :
Lancaster PA US 17601
Job Type :
Career Level :
High School or equivalent
Job Description :
The maintenance mechanic function involves the mechanical, electrical, and sheet metal repairs to maintain the production process. To ensure the safety and quality of the products that the line produces.
Essential Functions- Job Duties
• Ensure the safety and quality of the products that the line produces.
• Responsible to remove, assemble and install industrial parts/equipment/machinery.
• Performs modifications to equipment and machinery, as needed, to maintain optimal performance and production efficiencies.
• Repair breakdowns in mechanical and electrical machinery.
• Places work orders for parts needed.
• Complete preventative maintenance checks and perform scheduled and unscheduled repairs to equipment. (lubricates and cleans parts)
• Work with contractors and vendors on special projects in production or other departments.
• Construct parts/equipment from raw materials. Build parts/equipment by following blueprints when directed to do so.
• May work with electric, with up to 480 volts 3 phase.
• There is an in-house machine shop where the mechanics may weld and operate machine shop equipment. This equipment includes an engine lathe, drill press, milling machine, hydraulic press, and box and pan brake.
There are numerous basic hand tools which mechanics use in the course of performing their duties.
• Working with or within other departments to improve the production process.
• Maintain tools and keep them in good working order.
• Maintain inventory or assigned to maintain inventory standards.
• Cleaning details and tasks/assignments as assigned by the employee's supervisor(s).
• Required to attend safety/sanitation meetings, production meetings and quality control meetings as necessary.
• Follow manual instructions or contact machine manufacturer when problems arise
• Familiarity with VFD programming
• Other tasks and duties assigned
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Job Requirements :
Nissin Foods (USA) Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3 to 9 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)