» Search our Careers
» Career Center
3rd shift Receiving Supervisor
Job Code :
Lancaster PA US 17601
Job Type :
Career Level :
From 29,120 To 33,280 USD Per Year
Job Description :
Summary: The Receiving Supervisor is responsible for the daily activities of the Receiving forklift drivers as well as their safety. In addition, the Receiving Supervisor will monitor and ensure the condition of the various warehouses, to ensure an orderly and safe workplace as well as make sure that orders received at the Plant are accurate and are distributed in a timely manner.
Essential Functions- Job Duties: The following duties are considered essential to the job. Qualified individuals must have the ability to perform the following duties.
1. Supervises and coordinates work assignments of the department personnel. Directly in-charge of forklift drivers and office clerks.
2. Collects and files all documents related to the raw and packaging materials delivered.
3. Verifies and checks with the Forklift drivers when there are discrepancies on the report received versus what the vendors said was the delivered amount.
4. Monitors and plans inventory levels for raw materials and packaging materials for the manufacturing plant while ensuring inventory levels are at proper amount to cover for unexpected sales demands.
5. Ensures that materials are brought in at the least cost by combining orders to get truckload pricing and lower freight.
6. Monitors the Tank Room materials and orders as needed.
7. Meets with outside vendors especially packaging vendors to discuss delivery and quality issues.
8. Issues Daily Pull Orders for the forklift driver to stage the materials needed for production.
9. Coordinates with Purchasing to monitor the inventory of Freeze Dried Materials and coordinates with Quality Control to getting the Freeze Dried Materials released for use.
10. Enforces and exemplifies company rules, regulations and procedures.
11. Makes sure that essentials receiving reports such as Materials Receiving Checklist and Forklift Checklist are properly filled-up and files.
12. Responsible for monitoring and implementing the Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices in the Department.
13. In-charge of keeping the Raw Materials Warehouses clean and orderly at all times. Reports any building or ground repairs that might be needed.
14. Monitors and calls service for the forklift as well as the receiving docks to make sure they are all operating properly.
15. Reviews the check Request in the department prior to forwarding to Manager for signature.
16. Performs monthly end physical inventory and cycle counts to ensure physical inventory are accurate.
17. Makes sure that Inventories are properly rotated on a First In-First out Basis specially food items.
18. Monitors changes in Packaging Designs and coordinates with Production for proper transition.
Secondary Functions – Job Duties: the following duties are considered secondary to the essential function listed above.
1. Monitors employees’ time cards, forwards to HR request for timecards changes.
2. Pull samples for R & D or Marketing especially on new items.
3. Approves vacation request for employees prior to manager’s approval.
4. Faxes weekly orders to vendors for packaging materials such as cartons, shrink film, etc.
5. Contacts vendors on issues of invoicing or damaged products or delay deliveries.
Job Requirements :
Nissin Foods (USA) Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college of technical school; with six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Experience with the following equipment: forklift with or without push-pull attachment, pallet inverter, office equipment, batter clamping device, stretch wrap machine, hand jack, pallets.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Must able to communicate effectively in groups and write routine reports and correspondence.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)