Summary: Provide strategic, operational and administrative direction to the plant by leading through vision, high standards, values and objectives. Responsible for manufacturing safe products through the most efficient manner, ensuring the best quality of the products while complying with SQF, GMP, HACCP, Cal/OSHA and other required regulations including fulfilling the documentation requirement specified on the Standard Operating Procedures.
Essential Functions- Job Duties: The following duties are considered essential to the job. Qualified individuals must have the ability – with or without reasonable accommodation – to perform the following duties but not limited to:
1. Monitor production to ensure quality, attainability of the standard production cases, the standard yield, cost, line efficiencies, and waste.
2. Lead pre-shift meetings with the supervisors to discuss plant goals by providing daily direction and leadership to the supervisors, specifically utilizing the Superintendents, the Utility Machine Operators, and the Machine Operators in the most effective manners to pursue and fulfill these responsibilities.
3. Work in partnership with the Quality Control department to ensure SQF standards.
4. Assist with the supervision of safety and sanitation and inspection to comply with FDA, Cal/ OSHA regulations.
5. Perform and review audits of GMPs throughout the production area.
6. Design and implement continuous improvement projects.
7. Enforce safety and sanitation rules by monitoring required check list, the training completion before assigning the position, providing education on safety and sanitation regularly.
8. Ensure all process control reports have been properly and timely filled and takes appropriate actions if there is outlying figures.
9. Confer with other department managers to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
10. Ensure the plant activities conformed to the regulations of City, County, State and Federal governments and to assist the Plant Manager in implementing procedures to assure such compliances.
11. Carrries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable regulations including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
1. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Food Science, Chemistry, Nutrition or related fields and four (4) years related experience in the food industry and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access).
3. Must be able to accept both domestic and international assignments as the company requires.
4. Fluent communication in both English and Japanese.
Nissin Foods (USA) CO., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.