» Search our Careers
» Career Center
Production Maintenance Supervisor
Job Code :
Lancaster PA US 17601
Job Type :
Career Level :
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
High School or equivalent
From 42000 To 46000 USD Per Year
Job Description :
Essential functions - Job Duties: The following duties are considered essential to the job. Qualified individuals must have the ability – with or without reasonable accommodation to perform the following duties.
1. Communicate company direction to supervisors and maintenance staff to ensure compliance.
2. Ensure all equipments are operating in normal condition and communicate with the production managers of each shift regarding the condition and performance of equipment.
3. Make certain work assignment to all maintenance personnel.
4. Perform necessary analysis, estimate and preparation for all maintenance work such as repairs, modification, improvement and new installation.
5. Enforce accuracy of maintenance work, and confirm the completion of the work.
6. Supervise performance, operation, fabrication and workmanship of all maintenance staff.
7. Ensure assignments to department staff are performed within the specified time frame and in accordance with proper procedure.
8. Ensures the clerical staff handles the ordering and receiving of necessary materials, parts for maintenance work, and maintenance payables are processed.
9. Enforce company safety rules, procedures and practices, also conducting safety meetings periodically to reinforce the issue with all maintenance department.
10. Manage the purchasing, use and inventory of parts ( record inventory of major parts and materials )
11. Keep records of the preventative maintenance inspection, repair and modification for all equipment. (Records must be kept for a possible OSHA Audit).
12. Ensure outside contractors, inspectors and sales persons conducting business with maintenance are following Nissin’s rules and regulations and are reporting all the details. (records must be kept for a possible audit)
13. Prepare required paperwork or reports for major repairs, topics, labor matters, utility usage and other maintenance issue.
14. Assist in proposing, planning and designing the capital investments, and estimate the cost of the investments.
15. Maintain a clean and orderly maintenance area. Ensure sanitation rules are followed.
16. Effectively communicate to management, production, HR, QA or other departments with any areas of concern depending upon the situation.
17. Attend all required meeting and communicate to supervisor and all maintenance crew.
Secondary Functions - Job Duties: The following duties are considered secondary to the essential functions listed above.
1. Review daily production results, yield and loss.
2. Make arrangements for outside service work.
3. Audit maintenance purchase orders and maintenance requests.
4. May maintain temporary associate time cards.
5. Assist maintenance work as needed.
6. Take information and estimate required for maintenance work.
7. Supervise and assist special projects e.g. machine modification.
8. Maintain knowledge of related to maintenance matters.
9. Follow the schedule of governmental or legal requirement issues.
10. Maintain most effective labor allocation and work schedule.
11. Ensure all shifts have coverage in regards to staff.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High School graduate and/or 5 or more years of maintenance related experience.
2. A minimum of 2 or more years of maintenance supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Through knowledge of food processing/manufacturing machine and equipment
4. Experience in preventive maintenance program both in installation and upkeep'
5. Self-starter an able to work with and motivate employees
6. PLC's high speed packing, electrical/electronic skills and overall maintenance trouble-shooting ability
Nissin Foods (USA) Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)