» Search our Careers
» Career Center
Quality Control Supervisor
Job Code :
Gardena CA US 90249
Job Type :
Career Level :
From 17.78 To 19.23 USD Per Hour
Job Description :
The Quality Control Supervisor will direct and and/or oversee the work of the Quality Control Technicians who are involved in evaluating incoming raw materials and/or products that are used during the production process to ensure that they meet Nissin Foods’ standards and procedures. The Quality Control Supervisor will also develop and conduct the quality control procedures, and analyze the data from inspection reports as well as resolve quality problems that may arise through inspection procedures and seek continuous improvement opportunities.
- Oversees raw material testing, finished good, labeling and packaging.
- Reviews daily quality audits of plant practices, lab and soup blending process especially in the areas of incoming raw materials, products during the production process, packaging and documentation.
- Conducts daily inspections of outgoing shipments for accuracy and finished goods quality (proper pallet stacking, stretch-wrapping, etc.)
- Processes hazardous generated in laboratory.
- Ensures that required quality and food safety standards are continually improved to meet the product standards, current and future customer and regulatory requirements.
- Performs detailed investigations of non-conforming product deviations and customer inquiries, determines root causes and monitors corrective actions put in place for effectiveness.
- Participates in quality improvement programs and makes recommendations to management for process improvements.
- Develops and conducts required laboratory procedures for raw materials, products during the production process and packaging.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Safe Quality Food Standard (SQF) and HACCP and, enforces Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Demonstrates knowledge of Food Science and Engineering as well as fundamental knowledge of food packaging materials.
- Confers with other superintendents to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Provides daily direction and leadership to employees on the assigned group (or team). Especially, utilizes the Quality Control Lead in the most effective manners to pursuit and fulfill the responsibilities.
- Carries out Superintendent responsibilities in accordance with the Company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Job Requirements :
Nissin Foods (USA) Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Quality Control, Food Science, Chemistry, Nutrition or related fields.
- Three (3) years related experience in the food industry and/or training
- Knowledge in Quality control Quality assuarance, Safe Quality Food Standard (SQF), HACCP, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), the functionality of various raw materials, packaging materials, production scale food operations, and food related laws and regulations preferably in FDA.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)