» Search our Careers
» Career Center
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Job Code :
Gardena CA US 90247
Job Type :
Career Level :
From 21.00 To 21.00 USD Per Hour
Job Description :
- Perform all the assign repairs on the machinery/equipment.
- Perform electrical troubleshooting and repair the machinery/equipment during production to minimize the down time and assure the best possible efficiency. (Target total down time below 2% and Efficiency target at 100%)
- Perform mechanical troubleshooting and repair the machinery/equipment during production to minimize the down time and assure the best possible efficiency. (Target total down time below 2% and Efficiency target at 100%)
- Daily visual inspection of the production lines and the supporting equipment for any malfunction or abnormal functionality. Report to the person in charge of the department for correction of the malfunction.
- Assure to check and request for all the parts required for any repair or project assigned.
- Daily visual inspection of the production lines and the supporting equipment for any unsafe condition of the machinery/equipment. Report to the person in charge of the department for correction of the malfunction.
- Responsible to lead a team of mechanics, and general maintenance on any repair or project.
- Responsible to maintain the shop clean and organized.
- Responsible for signing and reviewing the safety open and closing daily sheet.
- Responsible for completing the work reports at the end of each job.
- Any other duty as assigned.
None, but is responsible for assisting department superintendent with training.
Job Requirements :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree (AA) from two-year College or university; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in processing/packaging machinery/equipment.
Ability to read and comprehend mechanical/electric schematics and PLC programming.
Must be able to interact with all levels of management and have the ability to apply common sense to understanding and carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Must have the ability to resolve and deal with simple to complex problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations within the production processing operation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 60 pounds
- Walking/Standing for 8+ hours
- Climbing stairs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nissin Foods (USA) Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment with a variation of temperatures.
- Ability to work near moving mechanical machinery/equipment.
- Exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
- Ability to work in high, precarious places.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)